It’s amazing how an uplifting quote or inspirational story can completely change your day, and sometimes your life. One quote that touches your heart or reminds you of your dreams can inspire steps that would otherwise remain untaken and stir new perspectives on life and possibilities.
Insight of the Day was created to spread inspiration through something small, on a large scale. Though there are a ton of different ‘quote websites’, on this page you’ll always find a wealth of inspiring, motivating and insightful quotes – thoughtfully chosen with you and your dreams in mind.
You can also subscribe for Insight of the Day to receive an uplifting quote every day of the week and an inspirational story on Friday right in your inbox.
Quotes are almost like a form of art, while some are truly inspirational, others are beautiful, and at times motivational. Quotes have become a popular read and a great way to start your day if you’re looking for some motivation or inspiration. On the other hand, it can also enlighten you to look at things from a different perspective, and with a simply change in perspective, everything can change. Just by reading a small quote, your perspective could change entirely. There are several reasons that a person would want to read a quote, whether it’s a famous saying, inspirational quote, motivational quote, or others, they all mean something to someone. Below are top seven reasons why reading daily quotes can be good for you and the benefits they provide.
- Motivation – One of the most common reasons for reading quotes is to get motivated, if you’re feeling burnt out from studying or going to the gym, a simply quote can give you the extra motivation just to keep going. Motivation comes from several sources, while some are more influential, simply reading a daily quote every morning can bring forth a whole level of motivation.
- Inspiration – Every human being on this planet requires inspiration to live, whether it’s an individual, a part of history, or a simply quote, the inspiration can bring out the best in us. Inspiration comes in all forms, a quote that is inspirational to you, may not be inspirational to others. The beauty is that everything can be a form of inspiration with the right perspective. There are various daily quotes relating to inspiration, a popular quote is ‘Nothing is impossible, the word itself is ‘I’m possible’!’
- A new perspective – Quotes are but a few sentences using regular words, but with a deeper meaning. And often provide some sort of different perspective on a matter. Some common subjects relate a new, more passive perspective to reacting to violence, or perhaps seeing the beauty in all objects, alive or not. If you’re working a dead end job, from 9 to 5 everyday, by looking at the positive aspects of your life, you can learn to not only appreciate what you have, but to strive for more.
- Enlightenment – Enlightenment is the state of better understanding or receiving new knowledge, a simple quote can provide a wealth of knowledge, more than an entire textbook could provide. There are very few quotes out there that have this sort of affect. However, by reading a daily quote, you can enlighten yourself a small amount day-by-day. It is important to understand that daily quotes provide a different form of understanding, it can be through experience or attained knowledge. It will also depend on your interpretation of the quote.
- Guidance – Regardless of the stage in your life, you may come across a time where you need a little guidance. Some of the most popular quotes were written by intelligent, wise and experience individuals. They may have had experienced something similar to what you had experienced, and may provide insight and guidance on how to deal with a problem, or navigate through your life. Reading a daily quote can provide some significant insight on your life, and you may even find the guidance you’re looking for on your own.
- Deeper thinking – Most, if not all quotes have a deeper meaning and can be interpreted several different ways, a thought provoking quote can cause you achieve a deeper understanding of a subject. Whether it’s the approach to hatred, love, hard work, peace, etc. For example, the quote ‘Be thankful for everybody in your life, good and bad, past and present. They all made you the person you are today.’ While the meaning is quite straightforward, you can extend your thinking by asking the question ‘How society and your interactions made you the person today?’.
- Encouraging positivity – Reading daily quotes can promote more positive behaviour and thinking, and can affect your entire day. If you’re working, you may be more positive about your contributions to the workplace, or just more optimistic about your life. At times, we may experience negative things, a simply daily quote can quickly change the negative into a positive and may just make your day. An excellent quote on positivity is as mentioned ‘Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.’
Daily quotes are an excellent way to start your day, they can be inspirational quotes, motivational quotes, and are usually famous sayings by well-known individuals in history. While some of these quotes are popular due to their deeper meaning, some are popular due to the history behind the author of the quote. Gandhi is an excellent example. If you’re looking to start your day motivated, inspired, enlightened, and positively, reading a quote a day will do just that.
Goals Spirit Think and Grow Rich Desire Rosa Parks Choice Thich Nhat Hanh Calvin Coolidge Heroes Honor Giving Civil Rights Fearless Esther Lederer Anne Landers Future Forward-thinking success Life quote Perfection Certainty Gerard Way Happy Imperfections Harriet Tubman Happiness foundation Attraction Acknowledgement Eckhart Tolle abundance Jim Rohn life thankful Denis Waitley Be present opportunity Dan Millman Motivational Quote Bob Proctor Inspirational Quote habits Napoleon Hill Sandra Gallagher Albert Einstein Gloria Vanderbilt Life Quotes Amelia Earhart Robert Schuller Motivational